Sunday 15 September 2013

Rocking chair mouse

Well I decided to bring out my spectrum noir pens again and have a little play at colouring and I couldn't go past this cute image of the mouse sitting in her (or his) rocking chair knitting! Can I let you into a secret? I hadn't really intended colouring the poppy type flowers this colour at all, but I plopped the pen on there by accident instead of on the small flowers and decided to just go with it and see how it turned out. 
I also decided to try a grey mouse this time instead of brown. It's interesting how different it can make them look. I used a Marianne die to cut a decorative mat from some lilac Centura pearl card and then used a circle die to cut out the centre and treate a frame. I cut the coloured image with the same die so it fits exactly. I punched the corners of the purple card with my new, favourite, tonic, gothic arches punch and put some lilac behind to highlight them. I used the same punch to create the border for the base which acts as the stopper for the easel. The spotty paper is actually lilac too but hasn't photographed too well! It's a piece of a hunkydory insert sheet. 

Here are the colours I used.
Mouse-IG1,2&3, flowers-PL3,4&5, small flowers-PP1&2, OR2, CG1, knitting-CT1-4,  rocking chair -TN2. I coloured the centre of the large flowers with true black and added some purple stickles. I added some tiny glittery gams to the border and corners to finish it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment