Tuesday 10 September 2013

Exploding handbag!!

Isn't this a cute little bag? I've made it with some card from the hunkydory kit which will be available with the Makey Bakey mice on Friday! It's a bit like the tardis, bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. The bag base is made from one sheet of A4 card.
When opened up there is lots of space inside and a little sweet treat fits inside. I've used papers from the hunkydory packs to decorate the inside, but it would work just as well with double sided patterned papers. I used a tonic punch to create a decorative edge and popped some card candy on there along with a little topper. The edge is tinted with distress ink in shaded lilac and seedless preserves.
If anyone is interested I could write a quick tutorial. Let me know if you'd like to have a go at making your own exploding handbag!

3 comments:

  1. Wow love it, i would like to make one and would like instructions please x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow Joy this is beautiful, so well designed love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made one of these today but it's miniature as I cut the card to 6" x 6" to start with.

    ReplyDelete